Optimistic Headaches

I just feel irritated this week. I don't really know why. I'm trying to look at the lighter side of life. Maybe that's my problem. I'm a dyed in the wool pessimist trying to look through the optimist's rosy glasses. No wonder I have a headache. I realized one evening, while listening to the normal ebb and flow of the conversation around me, that we do a lot of complaining. So, I resolved that I was going to try and stop bellyaching so much. In all honesty, when you look at my life there's really nothing wrong.

First world problems. . . that's all I see when I look around me. What is a first world problem? You haven't heard that term yet? I don't recall when I first heard about it, but I do remember thinking that it was a perfect description for ninety-nine percent of what is wrong with my life. To not too fine a point on it--not all that much. I have enough to eat (too much at times), I have a roof over my head, a car to get me to and fro and enough gas to get there. I have clothes and luxuries. First world problems. Being too busy when a lot of what makes me so busy are optional activities. Complaining that my house is a mess because I have too much stuff. I have to drive too far--to the job that many people would kill to have.

First world problems. We create a lot of them ourselves. So, that's why I tried to resolve to be more grateful and less whiny. There are a lot of people out there, people who don't live too far away from me, who would love to have the problems I do. So, I'm trying to look at them as more of what they really are: blessings ing disguise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk