Needing to Walk Away

I'm about 10,000 words away from the end of my novella FALLEN. The original working title was INKED and who knows what it will wind up being at the end. The problem is that I have to walk away from it for the next week. I'm heading out to the National Education Association Representative Assembly over the fourth of July weekend and I'm not bringing my computer. So, I'll have a week or so to think about everything I've written so far and make sure that it's going in the direction I want it to.

Sometimes time away from a project is really helpful. If you're too much on a story it sometimes starts to twist away from you. The longer you try and force into the story the more it won't go that direction. However the story's been hopping and I don't want to walk away from it.

Oh well, time to crack out the yellow legal pad. I'm sure I'll have time to scribble in between New Business Items.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk