Holy Red Pen, Batman!

So, my editor is really efficient. I wasn't expecting to get the first three chapters back from her until the weekend. I got the edits this morning. Wow! The teacher in me is appalled at the red marks. Of course, I've been teaching 8th grade for the last 14 years so some of the banality of their prose is certain to have rubbed off. I am also learning about the romance genre during this process.

I usually write fantasy. There are a couple of things that you can get away with in a fantasy that you can't get away with in romance. And vice versa as well. I didn't realize that chapters in romance novels were so short and I do admit, I have a problem with point of view. I get a little too caught up in the way something sounds--I don't realize that my heroine can't see her own eyes. Soooo . . . I am learning the error of my ways.

I've looked over the crits once and then let them settle. Time to get back to work, I think. I still have papers to grade an a post graduate self-study course to finish. Besides, there are little things like dinner and a bath for the three year old on the agenda.

Time to get hopping!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

I Must Be Missing Something