Waiting for Word

Well, the major edits are all done. They were due on the 17th. I turned them in late Monday night, but haven't updated here for a while. A cold ran rampant through my house this past week and my quarter was ending at school. It's amazing how these 8th graders miraculously turn in all this work when it comes down to the wire. So, I've been chained to the computer for grading and not anything fun.

According to my editor we now go through "line edits." I'm guessing that's looking for continuity errors, grammar issues, and punctuation. There shouldn't be that many grammar or typing errors. The English teacher in me made certain that I read through the whole thing at least three times before I turned it in. That was after putting in the major edits!

I've learned a lot, though. I'm finding I pay a lot more attention to POV, action verbs and just making the draft cleaner.

After line edits, the mauscript will be given an official release date. So, I'm really close to being able to tell everyone where and when they can buy the book! That's an odd feeling. It's no longer a manuscript, but a book now. I sometimes wondered if I'd ever get this far. It feels a little strange to be standing here. It's something I'm going to have to start getting used to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk