Wandering in the Heart of Inspiration

Like I said last week, I've been gone for the last several days. Not too far away--approximately 20 miles in the heart of the city of Chicago. I've always lived in this area. I grew up with the skyline always in my sight. I used to run tame in the Field Museum (my favorite) and Clare almost got squished when we crossed the street to the Art Institute. It's been a long time, though since I spent a lot of time downtown. We took the time to play tourist in our own backyard and I have to say I learned some interesting things about my city. I also took tons of pictures. I'll have to post a few so I can share them with you.

My newest work in progress is set in the heart of the city. So, it was wonderful to be able to wander around, snapping pictures and really absorb the feel of the city. The rumble in the chest as the EL train bullets above Wabash, the glitter of diamonds in the windows of Jeweler's Row, the rainbows cast by the shooting sprays of Buckingham Fountain. I'm looking forward to really being able to get back into it. However, I have to change a couple of descriptions now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk