Thanksgiving 2011

A year ago I was giddy with the knowledge that my book was going to be published. Nothing had happened yet other than I'd signed the contract and done a happy dance around the living room. I hadn't yet started the rather arduous process of editing. Or the agonizing wait to actually see my baby in print--either the e-version or even longer the print version. I think when the print version came out I grinned for a full week.

It's been a surreal year. Part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop, to wake up and realize it was all a dream. I think that's the Catholic Midwestern upbringing speaking there. We never seem happy to just take good fortune and the results of hard work as is, we need to expect something to go wrong. Wonder what Sister Patrick Mary wold have had to say about that?

So, I suppose it's fitting to take a few moments to reflect and give thanks for all the good things that have come my way this past year. I'm thankful not only for the journey I've been on, but for the people who have gone with my on this journey. My family, friends, co-workers and fellow Solstice authors have been a great support. It still feels weird when I tell strangers about my book and you should have seen the look on my face when I saw my first Amazon review from someone I didn't know.

I'm looking forward to more writing adventures, and maybe breaking the three digit sales mark in 2011!

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk