NaNoWriMo--I'm Officially Crazy

So, I'm officially nuts. Yep. In the midst of my typical craziness I decided that I was going to sign up for NaNoWriMo--that would be National Novel Writing Month for those who have no idea what I'm talking about. The whole point is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Right now I'm two days in and about 2100 words. That's it right now, but I do have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself. I might not make it to the 50,000 word mark, but no matter where I end up it'll being further along in any novel than I was before.

The major question was what to write. Do try and plow through book three of the Star Circle Trilogy? Do I try and muscle my way into the sequel for the book I just sent into Solstice or do I try and complete something completely different? I came up with an idea for something completely different then decided at zero hour that I should really just plow through the last book in the trilogy. Book one was released in June, book two in October and book three isn't even done. Now, admittedly the sales for the second book haven't been stellar, but I think that's because people haven't finished reading book one. When I had my free giveaway of book one, I gave away 477 copies of book one. I'm hoping that will eventually translate into 477 sales of book two eventually.

I'd better go--that 50,000 words isn't going to write itself. Make that 48,000 words now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

I Must Be Missing Something