Liebster Award Winner!

The Liebster Award is a blogging award given to bloggers by other bloggers. Marie Lavender of Marie Lavender Books passed it on to me and I am returning the favor!

THE RULES  . . . 

Post the award on your blog.

Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.

Thanks so very much, Marie! If you'd like to check out Marie Lavendar's blog and her wonderful written worlds, just click here.
http://marielavenderbooks.blogspot.com/2013/12/liebster-award-winner.html?showComment=1385929456683#c5499506407447544748

 Share 11 random facts about yourself.1. I've been in 8th grade for 17 years.
2. I've read Romeo and Juliet over 40 times and can pretty much quote the entire play.
3. I can repeat myself at least ten times before I lose my patience.
4. I can terrify 14 year olds with a single glance.
5. I have two old hound dogs named Vinny and Guido.
6. I married my high school prom date.
7. I grow lots of tomatoes every summer, but I refuse to eat them raw. (I turn them into pasta sauce.)
8. I used to get hand me down shoes from my "little" cousin. She was in grammar school and I was in college.
9. I got my first rejection letter at 13.
10. I've been to Disney World 8 times (this summer).
11. I almost qualified for the Junior Olympics when I was much, much younger.

Answer 10 Liebster questions given by the person who nominated you.

 Marie Lavender's 10 Questions For The Nominees 

1. Who is your favorite author?
That's a hard question to answer. I guess it depends on the genre. My favorite mystery writer was Elizabeth Peters. Romance--it's a toss up between JD Robb and Lynn Kurland. In fantasy--they are legion, but my top three are David Eddings, Anne Bishop and Anne McCaffrey with Mercedes Lackey really close on their heels. 
 
2. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
Being able to be a role model for my students and my daughter. I always wanted to write and get published and I have. It took a little longer than I thought it would, but it happened. Being able to tell them to stick with it no matter what is a great feeling. 
 
3. What prompted you to create your blog/website?
It was actually an option in the first Solstice contract I signed--a website or a blog and I figured a blog would be easier to handle!
 
4. How do you decide which guests to invite to participate in your blog?
Complete and total whim!
 
5. What is your favorite music genre to listen to?
I grew up in the 80's so my bent is more toward metal and rock. Old school like Metallica or Aerosmith. Newer stuff is more along the lines of Empathic Damage and Nickelback. 
 
6. Which advice would you give an aspiring writer?
Don't give up. Ever. Keep reading, keep writing, keep trying. 
 
7. What book are you reading now?
I just finished rereading "The Sorceress of Darshiva" by Eddings. So, "Seeress of Kell" is next. I reread the Belgariad and the Mallorean every year. It's a little like coming home. 
 
8.  What genre do you prefer to read?
Fantasy. Definitely fantasy, though I've gotten more into romances over the years. 
 
9.  If you could go anywhere and money wasn't an obstacle, where would you go?
I've always wanted to go to England and Scotland (with a short foray to Paris.) I was an English lit major in college so I want to see all the places I read about. I'm also an Arthurian nut. I also took four years of French in high school and I'd love to be able to try and use it. Even though I'm sure my Midwestern accent would horrify the natives! 
 
10.  What do you do for fun?
Read, write, scrapbook and play video games--particularly the Final Fantasy games. I also still roleplay--paper and pencil with the dice and I love to bake.  

Nominate 5-10 bloggers who you feel deserve this award
http://techinanutshell.blogspot.com/
http://mljohn.wordpress.com/2013/12/01/rough-drafts-fair-and-foul-part-4/
http://www.jenniferponce.com/skunkblog
http://moviebastards.com/
http://tehhappyeagle.blogspot.com/

Ask your nominees 10 questions.
1. Who/what is your inspiration?
2. What is your latest project about?
3. What do you like to do to relax?
4. Where do you go when you want to "get away from it all?"
5. What's your "day job?" Would you ever want to leave it?
6. Aliens--yes or no? Are we really alone?
7. Favorite holiday tradition? Any holiday.
8. Salt or sweet? Would you be the one hitting the cookies or the chips?
9. Coffee or tea?
10. What was the strangest dream you ever had?


Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs and/or emailing them.



Comments

  1. Thanks Rebecca for nominated my blog. I appreciate it and have passed on the love! You rock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

I Must Be Missing Something