Resolutions . . .

It's been a while since I've written a blog. Getting behind here . . . Therefore, I think that I need to make a few New Year's resolutions in regards to my writing. I don't mean the actual writing, though I have a few ideas on that as well. I mean on the marketing end. I am not good at marketing. I've never been very good at tooting my own horn. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I went to twelve years of Catholic school. You know, Pride is one of those seven deadly sins. I also come from a very superstitious family. You don't want to get too full of yourself because the second you start feeling like you're doing great something or someone will come along and knock you down a few pegs. So, I've got to get over that.

When Ribbons of Moonlight came out in 2011 I really had to push myself to let people know. Not only was it the whole don't brag thing it was also the--Oh my God, I wrote a romance novel. I was a little embarrassed by the whole romance thing. I read romance novels, started reading them years ago in order to see what my sister in law loved so much about them and found some wonderful stories. However, writing romance novels? I wanted to write fantasy. Loved fantasy, but romance?

Two fantasy novels into a trilogy--The Shattered Prism and Walking With Shadows--and I have another romance novel waiting in the wings. I've gotten over the romance thing. In fact, Ascent of the Fallen is going to be the anchor book to a much longer series. So, I resolve that I am going to really push my writing. I think I already dropped the ball on Capricon. I got so busy dealing with the holidays and incorporating common core that I missed the deadline for the panelists. Therefore, I have to really look at the online promo.

Which leads me to this . . . time to find three places to send my new book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk