Technical Difficulties

So, I turned forty last month. Right at the end of last month to be precise. As such, I raised a few glasses, opened a few presents and ate way too much cake. The big gift I received was a new computer. I'll admit I needed a new one. My last laptop was great. It survived three post grad classes, I don't know how many student papers, and three novels. However, it was slower than a flock of turtles stampeding uphill through peanut butter. It also had an unfortunate accident. I'd had it plugged in on the dining room table. I needed to keep it plugged in since the battery couldn't hold a charge anymore. The two dogs and the small one flew through the dining room, hooked the cord and down it flew. Thankfully it didn't actually break. Thank God, I hadn't pulled all my pictures off the computer yet and there were at least four unfinished books on there. However, the adapter cord just didn't work anymore. I needed to tape it into the computer. Tape. Duct tape. Classy, I know.

So, I was planning on nursing my computer through the end of the year. My husband decided that wasn't good enough. So, he got together with my family and his family and they bought me a spanking new laptop--a much snazzier laptop than I would ever buy for myself. The problem is that it is fancier than I would have bought for myself. This thing has so many bells and whistles on it I keep hitting the wrong buttons. I've lost at least three emails in the past couple of weeks.

So, I've been getting off to a much slower start than usual. I just finished the novella "Shades of the Fallen." It's a fall story--Halloween. A little bit later than I'd hoped, but still a great introduction to Asha, the newest of Rue's Ascended ranks. I'd like to write on for Christmas through NaNoWriMo, but we'll see. I'm no where near certain how to use the newest version of Word.

Wish me luck as I traverse the perils of new technology. Here's hoping Asha and Thorne let me tell their stories and here's hoping this new computer doesn't shoot their stories into the ether!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk