Gearing Up

I'm at t-minus three days and counting to starting the new school year. It wasn't as prolific a summer as I'd hoped. I had great big plans. I was going to finish up FLAMES OF THE FALLEN and make a huge dent in REDEMPTION OF THE FALLEN. Yeah. No. Flames got a little out of control--ha! No pun intended. So, it's the next book I'm working on. I think. It was supposed to be another novella like SHADES OF THE FALLEN. However, I had a brainstorm and it's growing up before my eyes.

Ah well. I also really enjoyed my summer. We went to Florida for two weeks and I got to spend a ton of time in Walt Disney World, which is one of my favorite places in the universe. My dream is to some day be able to be a snow bird. That requires selling a lot more books.

Is it funny that I can't seem to concentrate on anything this week? This is my 20th year in the classroom and some things never change. I never can the week school starts. I start thinking about everything I need to get done in the first few days of school. I start to kick myself back into that hyper-organized gear I need to be in during the year. Ironically, I get a lot more accomplished during the school year than the summer. I'm hideously inefficient in the summer.

So, I apologize to everyone who thought there'd be another release so soon after the last one. I try, but it takes me a while. My goal is to finish this one over Christmas break, so the same pattern as FIRST OF THE FALLEN, which was supposed to be two short stories, by the way. I'm heading back into the classroom, so my children have to come before my characters for a little while!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk