And We've Finished Another One!!

So, Flames of the Fallen, my next fallen angel story is off to the proofreaders, where they'll find all the typos my eyes skimmed over because after three edits with an editor is still after three edits on my own. After a while your brain sort of shuts off and you don't even see the issues. Then you have good old Word, which decides to change a character's name EVERY time you type it. I'm pretty certain that I missed at least one of them.

Flames is the third novel in the series. I have seven novels planned. There are also two completed novellas and a third one I'm currently writing. The hope is that I'll be getting that one done by the end of the year and off to Solstice. It's the last novella I have planned right now. Of course, Flames was supposed to be the last novella and it turned into a full-blown novel. It's the same old story with me....get to a certain point in the story and have to make a decision. Do I go where I'd originally planned on going? Or do I take this detour here that will make it a much better, but much longer story? I usually take the detour. This detour was actually inspired by a character someone else created.

Two years ago this May, I auctioned off the chance to create a character in the next Fallen book. It was an epic fail at the charity auction. I'm honest enough with myself to admit that. I thought it was a cool idea--the opportunity to create a character that would be in print. Apparently, I'm the only one who thought so. It sold for the minimum bid to the school secretary who gave the opportunity to her daughter. Her daughter created the character, but left one crucial choice up to me. When I asked what she'd like her character to be---human, angel, fallen angel or demonic baddie--she left that up to me. So, I decided to think outside of the box. It then lead to a twist that I can't reveal or I give away too much in the new story. Suffice to say that I loved this character so much, she's now one of the main characters of the last Fallen novella.

Stay tuned...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk