The Winter Crazies

Why do they have to have graduation pictures in January? I've been teaching for fifteen years and every year the last two weeks of January roll around and it's time for graduation pictures. The high school placement and entrance exams are all finished, they're waiting for word, and everything is going along just swimmingly and bam! Let's have graduation pictures. That won't make them ricochet off the walls at all.

We had snow too on Friday. Yipes! Add snow to that mix and you have a special kind of crazy. Not only at the middle school. We've been so spoiled this winter. I think it's interesting that all the experts predicted a colder than normal, wetter than normal, snow up to our eyeballs winter and it's been warmer than usual. Admittedly, we got about six inches of snow on Friday and the commute home was a little longer than usual--an hour rather than my usual 20 to 30 minutes, but that's not that bad. We're used to digging out around here.

Did I just jinx us? And what does that say about me, I wonder? I'm always waiting for the other shoe to drop. If something goes wrong I assume it's because of something I did and when something goes right I keep waiting for it all to fall apart on me. I suppose when I got my latest rejection letter I really wasn't all that surprised. I'd gotten one book published, another written, and am working on a third. Something had to give and this one getting rejected AGAIN really didn't surprise me. Is it my Midwestern, Italian Catholic upbringing shining through?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk