Now, On To Business . . .

The election is over. The votes are still be counted, but for the most part, I think it's safe to say that we know who won. I'm not going to be partisan at all in this. The time for that is past. Actually, I think the only time that that is appropriate is when you get into a good blood humming discussion. We have several of those conversations at our dinner table. I'm not shy about expressing my opinion, but I'll generally wait until someone asks me for. I don't believe in thrusting unsolicited opinions onto people.

However, I think there's one sentiment that is univeral in the US on this day after the election. I think we're all weary. Tired of our representatives, no matter the side of the aisle, not talking to eachother. It's like the little kid who takes his toys out of the sandbox because he doesn't want anyone else to play with them. Aren't we a little old for that?

I think the rising sentiment from the multitudes shouldn't necessarily be this side or that side, this issue or that issue, but please, for God's sake, sit down and actually talk to each other! The country doesn't need to be more divided. We need leaders who can look beyond the political divisions and actually work together. You know, in a compromise, no one walks away from the table completely happy. It's the nature of the beast. I think it's time that our leaders got that definition whapped upside their heads.

The world's watching. We don't want to look any more like spoiled children than we already do, do we?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adventure in Self-Publishing

And Promo is the Name of the Game

Girls with Spunk